Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Healing (Poem By Elle Prince)

Will it pour over me like the rain covers the jutting leaves of an oak tree?
The healing of the anguish that I alone can see.
The inability to get passed the past and live for the now
The yearning to move forward with life but to not possess the know-how
The healing of the sorrow that my life has become
The demise of a union that was supposed to unite us as one.
The perplexity of what I believed my life to be
The love and adoration of a man held in reserve only for me.
Will the healing begin to pick up the pieces of my shattered heart?
Will I be obliged to go back to the start
When my love was free-flowing and my life made some sort of sense
Before the great depression attacked and my existence was marred by pretense.
When will the healing remove all shadows of doubt
In the intentions of a good man that I will most likely never know about.
The mutilation done has created a chasm in the very heart that was once yours to preserve.
I no longer am able to feel the affection from anyone that I so richly deserve.
Do you hold the key to the healing that I long for to reconcile my distress?
Or have you hid the source of healing that I need to escape this mess?
The healing that restores me to the person I used to be
Exclusive of the deception and mendacity you bestowed upon me.
Me, the person that loved you unconditionally and instead was punished with lack
Deprived of the adulation and passion I can never ever get back.
The healing that brings me back to a time when love was given without regret
To now being destroyed by your indiscretions I could never forgive nor forget.
The healing that resides in the eyes of the three seeds I bore you
The ones I live for and give my life to
Regardless of the revulsion that has been revealed in our lengthy time as two
I never allow myself the relief to really hate you.
To loathe you would negate the past two decades of my life
To obliterate the love I believe we once shared out of spite
The healing would create an abyss of numbness over my entire being
Complete with clarity and bliss, a state of freeing
From the life I once believed was my fairy tale come true
I never imagine the dream would be destroyed and mangled by you.
So the healing I await is a life free from tears, pain and anxiety
I long for the comfort of knowing and seeing the better life for me.

0 comments: